The WAHA has been established to assist in the ongoing development of products, skills, training and standards for managing the height safety and confined space risks in industry. The organisation originated as a group of fall protection manufacturers who were keen to see an increase in the levels of compliance and safety in industry and has since developed to implement the following objectives:
- To be recognised as the peak industry body representing the interests of all those involved in providing products, services or advice relating to safe working at height.
- To require the highest standard of skill, integrity and responsibility of all members and companies.
- To increase the knowledge of and compliance with safety standards of all those involved in safe working at height, including setting standards fir products, their applications and use, including information that supports Codes of Practice published by regulators;
- To facilitate the exchange of technical information and to encourage further research into industry issues around falls and confined spaces.
- To work within the working at height industry to:
i) reduce the number of injuries and fatalities resulting from people working at height;
ii) drive compliance in the areas of equipment design, selection and use, as well as training competency;
iii) provide a forum for industry based discussion, issue identification and resolution;
iv) be an information resource to members and to the industry in general.